Dad’s Place (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. This policy has been created in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will take care to treat and protect it. By visiting www.dadsplace.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the GDPR (the Act), (“We”) Dad’s Place are the Data Controllers. Any enquiries relating to how we collect and process your data should be addressed to our Data Control Officer using the following details:
Data Protection Officer: Matthew John Emo of 144 Berries Avenue, Bude, Cornwall UK, EX23 8QP. E-mail: email@example.com.
Personal information we collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you: From Information you give us.
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.dadsplace.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, supply works through our local artists section, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion and when you report a problem with our site.
- The information you give us when you purchase from our site may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description and photographs.
How do we use your personal information
Our website www.dadsplace.co.uk will automatically store your order details in our database, which includes your name(s) and address(s). Once your order has been processed and delivered your details are immediately removed from our database.
We use PayPal to process your transactions and as such Dad’s Place (“We”) never store your payment details. Delivery details an never stored beyond the period it takes for your order to be processed and dispatched ( A period of no longer than 3 – 14 days.)
We will share your details internally for the purposes of processing and dispatching your order. Aside from sharing your delivery details with courier companies such as Royal Mail and Parcel Force, we never share your personal details with Third Parties.
Although we retain emails for the purposes of future communications any correspondence containing personal information are deleted once your order is complete. We never use your e-mail(s) in marketing campaigns without your express permission.
As stated previously we do not store your personal data beyond the period required to process and deliver your order. We will however store photos you send via our website on our website database for as long as we are granted permission or for a period of 3 years. If we don’t hear from you within this period your images will be deleted.
We store images for this period in case they require re printing in future orders. All images are also stored on at least 1 active computer system’s hard drives and at least 1 external hard drive. However, we commonly store backups of photos on at least 3 separate hard drives. These devices are not shared with third parties.
Images sent via e-mail by either business or personal customers will be stored using the same practices. If for any reason we cannot print your images, they will be removed from all platforms and devices immediately.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to help prevent unauthorised access.
Cookies and Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we automatically collect the following information which we analyse using the Google Analytics tools linked to our site. This is known as technical information and is in no way the personal to our visitors.
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. As stated above we use Google Analytics to analyse how visitors use our site. We can then use this information to effectively target marketing campaigns, through platforms we choose. Google Ad words, Twitter And Facebook. The data will also allow us to edit and improve our site to better suit our visitors by improving our site’s usability.
- The cookies that operate through our site are associated with Google and their Analytics tools, they operate to allow us to improve our business using the platforms detailed above.
You must opt into any marketing campaigns, Dad’s Place will never send you promotional content without your expressed permission. We will never send you e-mails asking you to confirm login or payment details. As previously mentioned we do not store your payment details. Under EU General Data Protection Regulations, you have the right to:
- You can of course ask us to remove images and data at anytime by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site will, and from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Third Parties we use to deliver our services include:
- Google Analytics
- Royal Mail
Third party partners are used to improve the security of transactions or improve our sites usability. We do not use data or third parties in any other way than those outlined in this policy in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)